Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gastro-Plague!

This past week was not fun! Unfortunately I came down with gastroenteritis (stomach flu) on Monday and didn't completely kick it until like Saturday night. I tried some runs throughout the week but was forced to skip some and even walk momentarily in a couple of the runs that I did try. The timing was not ideal either but I was able to tough it out for most of my classes and school work. I also got the unfortunate news that Watercress Restaurant (my part-time place of employment) will have to close the doors. Ugh!... rough week...but....it's in the past and time to move on.

Total miles for the week: 40

Monday= Rest
Tuesday= 6 miles around SUNY Cortland campus
Wednesday= 5 miles down Warren Rd. and back
Thursday= Rest
Friday= 12 miles from apt. to Etna and back
Saturday= Rest
Sunday= 13.5 miles on Rec-way trail w/ Katie, Maureen, Dave and Steve in morning; 3.5 miles in afternoon on Virgil's Finger Lakes Trail with Ian, Sherry, and Erica

I'm so glad that I'm feeling much better and thankful for a partner like Erica to take care of me. I definitely could have been hit a lot harder by the illness if I wasn't in such good shape. I've got a couple more tricks up my sleeve for this year and have already made a plan for taking roughly the whole month of December off from running (relatively speaking).

Quote of the week: "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."

~Oliver Goldsmith (1730-1774) Irish writer

No comments: