Sunday, July 13, 2008

Recovery Week

This has been a nice recovery week after The Fifties and the timing was convenient as I have been getting a butt-kicking in Anatomy and Physiology class. I got a chance to meet some nice folks out at SUNY Cortland campus where I'll begin in late August and I was able to scope out some running routes too. One of the track guys suggested that I try out for the 10K on the track and, as I explained that it probably wouldn't fit into my 100-mile ultra marathon training, I got some more deserved raised eyebrows.

I also was able to meet some welcoming people via the Internet from the company of Inov-8, who specializes in trail running, mountain running, orienteering gear,etc. I hope to join their team in 2009 but until then will receive half off certain products while promoting the company at races,etc. I am looking forward to sampling a more broad range of their quality products. Check em out at http://inov8.com

Miles for the week: 40

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday= Rest
Wednesday= 6.5 miles through Treman State Park at night w/headlamps w/ Scotie
Thursday= 7.5 miles through Treman solo...beautiful!
Friday= light progression run down Warren Rd. to Asbury and back 6 miles
Saturday= 9.5 miles with The Finger lakes Running Company crew on Black Diamond Trail
Sunday= 10.5 miles w/Tim, Karen and Michael through Cayuga and Pink Trails

Looking forward to my first Forest Frolic 15K next Sunday as long as I don't head up to Lake Placid to watch Ironman.

Quote of the week: "You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."- Steve Prefontaine

1 comment:

Brian Thomas said...

Hey, that's great about Inov8. I've heard good things about their stuff. With the way you've been putting in the miles, you're a shoe in to make their team next year (get it? shoe-in...)