Monday, October 27, 2008

Big Week

This relatively high mileage week combined with two tests, the semester starting to peak out, and a pretty busy weekend at work leaves me wishing I were in my bed right now. I keep telling myself that it will all be over soon enough. I will take a much needed day off from training, hit the hot tub this evening and hopefully get a great night's sleep. I look forward to hearing about some friends' experiences from The Marine Corps Marathon yesterday (my first 26.2 years ago) and am excited to track some folks at NYC Marathon next Sunday.

Total miles for the week: 80

Monday= Rest/hot tub
Tuesday= 7 miles down Warren Rd. behind airport and back
Wednesday= 7 miles in morning around SUNY Cortland campus; 7 miles in evening around campus and surrounding area
Thursday= Speed Workout= 8 x 800 @ 5:35/mi. pace with 1/4 mile jogs in between...11 miles total
Friday= easy 10 mile loop down Warren, Asbury, Farrell, plus add-on back home
Saturday= easy 9 mile loop in morning through downtown, up Remington, Cayuga Heights back to running store with Finger Lakes Running Company crew; up-tempo (6:25/mi) 6 mile run in evening before work
Sunday= 23 miles on Rec-way Trail w/ Michael W., Katie S., Andy G., Jeff D., Maureen D., Dave J.

Quote of the week: "Sport is not about being wrapped up in cotton wool. Sport is about adapting to the unexpected and being able to modify plans at the last minute. Sport, like all life, is about taking risks."--- Sir Roger Bannister

No comments: