The term "time flies when you're having fun" definitely applied to me this past year and I can't believe 2010 is history. I decided to do a quick recap highlighting some of the main memories from each month and whatever else comes to mind.
- January 1, 2010: Joe Grant and I drove over to Bend, Oregon and ran the Badass 50k w/ some other friends and had a good time camping out in the badlands.
- February- Took a road trip to run the trails on Orcas Island, WA and was blown away by the beauty up there! Met some great people in the process.
- March- Had a good race up at The Chuckanut Mountain 50k
- April- Found out the gender of our baby on Friday and won Peterson Ridge Rumble 60k the following day in Sisters, Oregon.
- May- Made a spontaneous road trip with Browning, Meissner, and Ashley Nordell to Reno, NV and I ended up winning and setting the course record at The Silver State 50k.
- June- 4th place overall at Bighorn 100 and felt good about how I ran on a pretty rugged course.
- July- Worked a camp a Mt. Hood for students w/ disabilities that changed the course of my career. Raced to a 5th place at USATF 50-mile Championships at White River, WA.
- August- Welcomed our baby girl Farah into the world at 9:53 pm on August 28th here in Portland, Oregon. One of the greatest days of my entire life! And we share the same birthday :-)
- September- Witnessed my wife Erica fight her way through a nasty uterine infection so we could start our little happy family together. She's such a good mom....I couldn't do any of this without her!
- October- I ran a pretty good Portland Marathon on 10-10-10....but boy did it hurt!
- November- First time visiting Ashland, Oregon and ran Lithia Loop Trail Marathon.
- December- Did some good snowshoeing, snowboarding, and visiting family and friends in the east introducing Farah to everyone.
To be honest this past year was one of the best years I have ever had on so many different levels. I am so grateful to have had the opportunities to accomplish the aforementioned adventures. Many of it would not be possible without such a strong and supportive wife and family. Thank you Erica....I love you! Also...thanks for the friends and training partners that accompany me and make me a better runner and person....you know who you are! Thank you to my sponsors who make my life so much easier. Inov-8, Udo's Oil, Living Harvest, Drymax Socks...I'm really proud to be representing such righteous companies. Sometimes I need to pinch my cheek to see if I'm dreaming. If 2011 is half as good as this past year I'll be a happy camper!
Happy New Year and thanks for reading!