Monday, September 29, 2008

Feeling better

After not being able to walk very well and feeling shooting pains in my legs last Sunday and Monday I am feeling much better one week later. I caught my little 4-year old neighbor looking at me funny when I was walking down my steps backwards last week. I explained to her that my legs hurt and that it felt better when I descended that way. She just smiled and seemed to think I was silly...which is true. I was able to escape this weekend to rejuvenate and recharge and have actually been doing some running. This coming week will involve more running but also some swimming and biking to aid in my recovery.

Miles for the week: 10

Sunday and Monday= Rest
Tuesday=20 minute chair massage on back,neck, and arms; low intensity tennis for class
Wednesday= easy 3 miles down Warren Rd.
Thursday= played low intensity tennis
Friday= 3 miles through Kripalu's trails in Western Mass.; hot tub in evening
Saturday= 4 miles through Kripalu's trails in morning; 80-minute massage and hot tub in evening
Sunday= Rest

Michael talked me into running the CanLake relay again this year and this time we will have a two-person team. Should be interesting!

Quote of the week: "Dream barriers look very high until someone climbs them. Then they are not barriers any more.”--Lasse Viren

No comments: