Sunday, November 16, 2008

Feeling Fit for Philly!

I'm anxious to see part of the "City of Brotherly Love" on foot Sunday November 23, 2008 on the 15th year anniversary of The Philadelphia Marathon. I was able to qualify for the seeded runner program from my Disney half-marathon time early this year (1:15:06). It's kind of a double-edged sword in that I must control myself to not go out too fast with the elites and also the half marathoners. Brian O., Hollie K, (their dog Porter) and myself will head down Friday evening and luckily stay at Hollie's parents house for the weekend. Should be a great weekend!The weather is looking relatively good and the course is supposedly flat and fast. Will I equate the ultra fitness I have into a marathon PR? More will be revealed...

Miles for the week: 50

Monday= Rest
Tuesday= 5 miles down Warren Rd. and back
Wednesday= 9 miles total around SUNY Cortland campus (2-mile warm-up with 5 miles @ 5:52/mi. pace- 2 mile cool down)
Thursday= Rest
Friday= 11 miles from apt. downtown via Cayuga Heights, Remington Rd. up Gun Hill through campus, Forest Home back home.
Saturday= 6 miles in morning behind airport out and back; 6 miles in afternoon on Tri for Y course w/ business park add-on
Sunday= 13 miles on skunk cabbage half marathon course w/ Brian L., Michael W., and Jay H. We threw in a couple mile surges right around a 6:00/mi. pace and a couple 1/2 mile surges at a 5:45/mi. pace

Quote of the week: "If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon." -Czech athlete Emil Zatopek

No comments: