Sunday, November 30, 2008

Team INOV-8

I seriously cannot remember the last time I went an entire week without running at all.

Miles for the week= zero!

Even after the 100-miler I ran a couple miles about five or six days after the event. Since Philly Marathon last Sunday I have been able to totally relax, catch up a little, and the timing was ideal with the Thanksgiving break. With a couple of trips to the hot tub, steam room, sauna and pool combined with the holiday nourishment I have been feeling really good the last couple of days. We took a nice trip to New Haven, Connecticut and on the way back to Ithaca I received some exciting news. Team INOV-8 manager Mark Lundblad messaged me inviting me to be a part of their running team for 2009. I accepted! I feel blessed to be a part of such a great group of runners. I am also anxious to try out some more of their quality trail running products.

That said...I have my eyes on a few exciting races for the upcoming year and will post a tentative calendar when it solidifies a little more.

Erica and I had tickets to spend a month in Thailand (mid Dec. to mid Jan.) but decided to make a last minute cancellation today due to the political turmoil taking place in Bangkok right now. Booooo! However, I think we will try to find another destination here shortly to escape to in between semesters.

Also, I just got a book titled "Why We Run" by Bernd Heinrich that looks like an excellent read.

Time to get back to school work. I hope to finish the semester the same way I have finished the last couple of races...in good shape without killing myself!

Finals here I come!

Quote of the week: "A rest is as good as a run" ~Harland Bigelow (Team in Training running coach)

No comments: