Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WESTERN NEW YORK RUNNER OF THE YEAR

I just received confirmation from Western NY Ultra Series coordinator Tom Perry that I have been selected for the 2008 award. This was one of the many goals I set early this year and am honored to be at the top of the list. It has been such a great running season, not only because of my strong performances, but even more the great friends that I have made and the camaraderie that goes along with ultra running. I want to thank all the race directors for their tireless motivation to make these events happen and also to all the volunteers. Us runners would not be able to do it without you all....so give yourselves a pat on the back too!

The 2008 Western NY Ultra Series final standings are posted at: http://www.wny-ultra.org/index.htm

After Philly marathon on Sunday I will be taking about a month off from running to let my body and mind heal. As we bring in the New Year I will reflect on 2008 and come up with a new set of goals for 09. Hope to see many of you out on the trails!

No comments: