Thursday, May 1, 2008

My first day blogging

Thursday--- two weeks after The Boston Marathon (2:49:05) i feel pretty much recovered so i decided to jump into the Ithaca YMCA triathlon this sunday. I really like the distance (400 meter swim, 15 mile bike, and 5 mile run). This was the first triathlon i ever did in 2005 and also the same bike course i was involved in a near fatal accident two years ago. Needless to say there will be a lot of emotion as i cruise through that intersection on Sunday. I also plan on having a blast with friends and eating some good food afterwards at Watercress Restaurant (my workplace...i talked the chef/owner into opening since it's steps away from the transition area). This brief triathlon training has been great for my recovery from the 80+ miles/week training for Boston and should give me a nice segway into a much anticpated ultra-marathon season!

No comments: